OKINAWAN KARATE AT ITS BEST!
-LEARN A TRULY OLD SYSTEM OF KARATE-
"MATSUMURA SEITO SHORIN-RYU"
- Why should you join SMOKA-USA..... BECAUSE
WE ARE REAL !
- When you join SMOKA-USA, you do not have to change your regular
structure or routine: i.e... Kata, exercises, class structure or Gi.
- SMOKA-USA respects and will accept your past years of experience,
based upon legitimate rank.
- Small yearly membership dues.
- You only have to send in payment for rank increase when you request
a SMOKA-USA rank certificate, otherwise you can keep using your
own dojo rank certificates.
- Learn the "Matsumura seito" system of Karate in it's unwatered
WHY JOIN SMOKA-USA
SMOKA-USA has it's roots in Okinawa Japan. The Association
was formed by James H. Coffman, Fusei Kise and Grand Master Hohan
Soken, in the year of 1975.
The association was formed at the request of Sensei Soken. A patch
referred to as "The Soken Patch" (see photo) was designed in the likeness
of Hohan Soken to keep his memory and image within our lives forever,
and to insure his rightful place within the world of Okinawan Karate.
The design was made by the Okinawan members of SMOKA-USA, and
the input of some Americans (James H. Coffman and others). The patch
has the base colors of the United States: Red, White, & Blue.
Coffman was Grand Master Hohan Soken's first American student, starting with O'Sensei in 1961 and continued until leaving Okinawa
in 1964. Coffman has had but two teachers in his long career of Karate.
Hohan Soken and Master Fusei Kise.
2361 Braddock Road
Mount Airy, MD 21771